Miscellanea for July 22, 2019
Starting over on the blog with a list of interesting things I’ve read recently.
- Elementary Education Has Gone Terribly Wrong
- Giant batteries and cheap solar power are shoving fossil fuels off the grid
- I was wrong about spreadsheets, and I’m sorry
- People in Japan are renting cars but not driving them
- Letters to New and Veteran Dungeon Masters
- Stop. Using. Periods. Period. - I read this article when it was published two years ago. At that time, I thought it might be right, but continued to use periods after single sentences. I’m finally starting to rethink that practice.
- The Launch - Interesting story about the launch of a new variety of apple.
- How Giving Up TV For A Month Changed My Brain And My Life - Ever since I lived for a few years without TV, I’ve been convinced that watching TV is one of the most meaningless things you can do with your time. Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood is the rare exception.
July 22, 2019